Monday, January 3, 2011

Where to Eat in KC?

Hello Friends,

One of my five New Year's resolutions for 2011 - the one completely counterintuitive to the other four resolutions (each of which are centered on eliminating my man-boobs) - is to finally launch a blog to share my random thoughts on Kansas City's food establishments.

I hereby deem this my inaugural posting of Where to Eat in KC.

Now, a few of you were privy to the original name of this blog: Brewster the Foodster. Well, judging by your smirks and my foresight into the fact that the name would lead you to call me "Brewster the Foodster" for the rest of my life, I've renamed this pet project to more aptly describe the blog's goal: To post quick, helpful musings on places to eat in Kansas City.

There will be no rhyme or reason to the places I select. My only requirement...for myself...is to have actually gone to the place about which I am posting. In short, once I hit up a restuarant, I'll post my thoughts on the food, atmosphere, service and "recommendability" (ie. whether its good for a work lunch, a dinner date, an "I don't really like you, but I owe you a lunch so let's go here" outing, or a must-eat.) My guidelines to keep me honest include:

  • I will post each Monday. 
  • I will highlight at least one "KC food joint" each week. 
  • The places I select will be based on my curiousity and my cravings...and eventually (hopefully) your input and recommendations.
  • Comments are most certainly welcome...keep 'em clean. 
  • Also, for your viewing pleasure, I will post a listing of some of the places to eat (at your own risk) in various parts of town. These lists will rotate each week. To kick things off, I've posted a listing of some places to try in Waldo, my stopping grounds (see column listing on to the left).


Thanks for visiting Where to Eat in KC. Don't be a stranger, and feel free to pass this along.

Cheers.

Brewster

7 comments:

  1. 'Bout time someone took on this task. Any chance you can document pre & post weigh-ins?

    I would love to see Winsteads breakfast menu reviewed---never heard of anyone eating there in the AM.
    BAQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAQ - Great suggestion on Winsteads breakfast menu. One time I was there for breakfast and two gentleman walked out once the waitress said they didn't serve "real breakfast." I, on the other hand, was nailing a skyscraper, so I didn't mind. - BTF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to your blog. What is the mystery mexican dish in the bowl? Jerry G

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're doing this. I know it's one of your loves, as mine is antiques and we have to be involved or we'll be missing something in our lives. I just told your dad about the day I called to see where to eat in the crossroads. You told me every restaurant, their menus, who had valet parking, but not to believe the valet price posted, it will be free if you ask. Good luck! I'll be reading and trying your suggestions. love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. gotta send this to jan e.! she lives out that way and loves that place! can't wait to hear your
    weekly suggestions. im always confused on where
    to go. great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work!!! I'll try to follow as much as I can...

    Taco Via has always been a rip off but those nachos are amazing and always kept me coming back.
    I wish they could find ways to make them more affordable and profitable so we can get them back in the KC area instead of the corporate Taco Bells. Taco Via always had a diner or local bar feel that made it a neighborhood hang out. We need to bring Taco Via's back to the neighborhoods so future generations can enjoy a one extra large chip nacho!!!

    ReplyDelete