Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Past Month...

Sorry for the little hiatus the past month. I have a few excuses, one of which involves me at an all-inclusive Mexican resort....where they served approximately ZERO mexican food. The other excuses aren't nearly as exciting. So I'll spare you the details.

I don't want you all to think I wasn't eating while I was away, however. While I didn't have time...actually, I was just too lazy...to post a blog or three, I did hit up some great places that I at least wanted to mention:

The Jazz (39th Street Location) - Chicken a la Mer was rediculous. Yes, I got the full portion for lunch. And yes, that is rediculous. But it's sooooo good. Check it out.

Anthony's - This legendary Italian spot at 7th and Grand is a throwback. It has a great lunch menu. It's lasagna is top-notch. Plus, you get a house salad, great Italian bread and a side of pasta with each lunch entree. Can't beat it.

Los Tules - I've worked near this little Mexican joint on Broadway for about 4 years, and I've always wanted to try it. It's located across from the nearly completed Kauffman Center for Performing Arts. It has great chips and salsa, and incredible Mexican chili. It's loaded with pork and a little soupy. Great for dipping warm tortillas in. I loaded up about 5 other tortillas with the hearty portions of pork. Well worth the visit.

I wish I could write more about these places. Trust me though, I will be back to each soon enough.

- BTF

1 comment: